Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.
Faith is strengthened by
The mountains it conquers, The dreams it fulfills, The peace is instills,
And The promise it believes.
· Today is in God's hands and so are you!
· God's Hands are strong and will uphold you;
· God's Hands are great and will enfold you;
· God's Hands are gentle and will embrace you;
· God's Hands are protective and will cover you;
· God's Hands are reassuring and will quiet you;
· God's Hands are powerful and will defend you;
· God's Hands are parental and will train you;
· God's Hands are masterful and will conform you;
· God's Hands are compassionate and will care for you;
· God's Hands are healing and will renew you;
· God's Hands are calming and will comfort you;
· God's Hands are giving and will bless you.
· God's Hands are the hands that hold you and will never let you down.
· -Roy Lessin, DaySpring co-founder and writer
A DIFFERENCE THIS SUMMER!
· Come to church as often as you can;
· Send your offering even when you’re out of town;
· Call someone who is missing from the “regulars”;
· Invite a visitor to go to lunch with you.
· Call them next Saturday to invite them back ;
· Invite someone to a class social.
· Tell Pastor about new people on your street;
· Keep your eyes open for people who may be looking for a new church home;
· Ask forgiveness from those you may have hurt;
· Focus on the good things about our church!;
· Pray for your pastor, church & our leaders;
· Pray about where you can serve best in 2011;
· Carefully consider mentoring someone to take your place on a committee so that you can use your energy in new areas of ministry;
· Share constructive criticism with your pastor;
· Consider hosting a small group in your home;
· Offer to play an instrument, sing a solo, join the drama team, do a testimony;
· Follow what God lays on your heart to do… even if it seems a little “crazy”!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle. - Plato
The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us, and … are silent when we should speak, the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
What is that you express in your eyes? It seems to me more than all the print I have read in my life. - Walt Whitman
I am so clever that sometimes I don’t understand a single word of what I’m saying. – Oscar Wilde
Please put your arms around my shoulder, and your hands on my mouth!